This is a great recipe for BBQs, quick lunches or just about any occasion you can think of. I also love bean salads, but I always forget to make them! The original recipe called for beans and herbs that I didn’t have so I made my own veggie combination, but stuck with her recipe for the dressing. You really do need the sugar in the dressing or it just doesn’t taste right!
Garbanzo and White Bean Salad
- 2 15 oz cans of Garbanzo Beans
- 1 15 oz can of white beans
- 2 carrots , finely chopped
- 1/3 red onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh , finely chopped flat-leaf cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh finely chopped basil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, mix the beans, celery, onion, cilantro and basil.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
Chill beans in the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.